Who is TargetCare?
TargetCare is a company that specializes in helping employers, like Watson Electrical, develop and implement workplace wellness programs. These programs are designed to help employees understand and manage their health through on-site preventive care.
More Information On TargetCare (document download)
What is a Clinical Health Assessment?
A Clinical Health Assessment is a simple evaluation that helps calculate your likelihood of developing chronic diseases, such as Diabetes, Heart Disease, High Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure. A Clinical Health Assessment is comprised of three simple steps: 1) a brief personal health questionnaire to collect your medical and social histories 2) a blood draw and 3) biometric measurements.
What will happen at the Clinical Health Assessment?
The TargetCare staff will take your measurements including: height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure and pulse. They will also perform a fasting blood draw to analyze: total cholesterol & triglycerides (fat in your blood), LDL (bad cholesterol), HDL (good cholesterol), glucose (blood sugar) and liver and kidney functions.
How do I prepare for the Clinical Health Assessment?
Prior to the Clinical Health Assessment you must fast for at least 6 hours. Fasting means no food or drink (other than water and medications) may be consumed. No tobacco, candy or gum either! Prior to the Assessment you will also complete your bubble form (front and back) and bring it with you to the Assessment. Also, at the Clinical Health Assessment you will be asked to sign a medical consent form.
Can I drink water while fasting for the Clinical Health Assessments?
Yes, please drink plenty of water so you will not become dehydrated. Please take your regular medications.
Will the Clinical Health Assessment involve drawing blood?
Yes, the Clinical Health Assessment requires us to draw one tube of blood. To prevent bruising, it is suggested you wait at least 20 minutes after your blood is drawn before doing any heavy lifting.
Will the blood taken during the Clinical Health Assessment be tested for anything other than basic health related testing?
No, TargetCare is only measuring blood sugar, cholesterol levels and liver and kidney chemistries. There will be no drug tests performed at the Clinical Health Assessment.
Where and when will the Clinical Health Assessment take place?
A team of TargetCare health professionals will conduct the Clinical Health Assessments on-site at various Watson Electrical locations throughout the months of April and May. Stay tuned for additional details from HR.
How long will the Clinical Health Assessment take?
The Clinical Health Assessment will take no more than 10-15 minutes.
How long will it be before I receive the results of my Clinical Health Assessment?
You will have an opportunity to review your confidential results with a TargetCare Healthcare Provider face to face within a few weeks of your Clinical Health Assessment. You will receive lab results and a personalized report, which will summarize your likelihood of developing a chronic disease within the next five years, as well as offer a comparison of your health to that of others of the SAME age and gender. Your results will provide you with your risk level. Your risk level will determine how many times you will visit the TargetCare Health Coach for on-going intervention:
- If you are identified on your Chronic Disease Risk Summary as an individual with “Relatively High Risk”, by having your greatest measured Percentile Risk at 80% or higher (as indicated in red on the Risk Percentile graph), then you will be required to meet with the TargetCare healthcare provider at least every eight (8) weeks to discuss your health and your personal management of your risks. If you are being monitored for conditions that involve management of your cholesterol or blood sugar, you will be required to participate in an additional blood draw during the year.*
- If you are identified on your Chronic Disease Risk Summary as an individual with “Above Average Risk”, by having your greatest measured Percentile Risk between 60% and 79% (as indicated in bright orange on the Risk Percentile graph), then you will be required to meet with TargetCare healthcare provider at least every sixteen (16) weeks to discuss your health and your personal management of your risks.
- If you are identified on your Chronic Disease Risk Summary as an individual with “Average or Below Average Risk”, by having your greatest measured Percentile Risk at 59% or lower (as indicated in light orange or yellow on the Risk Percentile graph), then you will be required to meet with the TargetCare healthcare provider at least once a year.
Will Watson Electrical have access to my medical records at any time?
Absolutely not! Only TargetCare personnel will have access to these records. Please remember that ALL employees are protected under privacy laws that prevent the release of any personal health information without written consent.
Will all participants have access to the on-going Watson Electrical-TargetCare Health Coaching Program? Yes, all employees who participate in the Clinical Health Assessment and Review will have on-going access to the Health Coach, a specially trained medical professional who will educate you on your health and provide you with the tools and knowledge for a healthier lifestyle, as well as manage chronic diseases!
Why Should I participate?
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about your health, and find out what you can do to start living a healthier lifestyle! Also, Watson Electrical will be offering lower insurance premiums for those who participate in the Wellness Program!
Benefits of the Clinical Health Assessment
- It is an important part of preventive care
- It can detect common health conditions early and help treat them before they become more serious
- To help you make informed decisions about improving your health.
If you have further questions please speak with your Office Manager.